[TowerTalk] FCC Chaurman needs to be a ham

Bob T. bobt at gloryroad.net
Sat Jan 22 16:15:33 EST 2005

C'mon guys, wake up! Almost all companies of any size in this country are run by guys that have an MBA. (yeah, yeah, I know there are exceptions) The guy that runs Kellog's didn't have to take a class back at Harvard on how to make corn flakes any more than the CEO of Ford had to take classes on car design when he was in college. Most businesses are run on the same principles taught in any MBA program. Product knowledge is secondary, and really not all that important. That's why you see stuff like the head of Pepsi, going to Disney, whose head in turn goes to GM. (Or was it the GM guy who went to make soda? It doesn't matter.) If anyone thinks that a ham license should be a pre-requisite to run the FCC (yes, it IS a business), well, I hope the sky is a pretty color in your world.     73, Bob N2NFG