[TowerTalk] Installing Ground Rods was (Tower Wench)

K8RI on Tower Talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Mon Jan 24 10:58:08 EST 2005

I still like the good old water drill. It's cheap and easy to use.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/ground.htm  I've posted it before,
but I think it's germane to this discussion.
It works well in sand, clay, or clay  . IOW, soil without a lot of rocks.

Another possibility, although I've not tried it would be a hammer drill.
Some are large enough to chuck up a 5/8" rod.
  It'd be an interesting experiment.  Again, as virtually any other method,
wet soil makes the installation easier.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com