[TowerTalk] Remote station operation

Julio Peralta jperalta at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 14:33:05 EST 2005

You can find a lot of information about that at  www.TRX-Manger.com site
also check their mail list on Yahoo.

Julio, W4HY
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan" <w5kft at nts-online.net>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 1:57 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote station operation

I would like to hear some comments, ideas and suggestions from folks about
the remote operation and control of a station over the internet.  Control,
equipment, switching, etc etc

I am interested in setting up a system so that my contest station at the
ranch can be remotely operated and controlled via the internet.  A local ISP
has just installed high speed wireless on one of the towers and we have full
time access available.

My line noise has gotten so bad in town on the low bands that I want to
explore some way to be able to operate on 75 and 160 in spite of the noise.
Several articles have come out recently with a RF control link but this is
not practical so internet seems like a good solution......

Bryan W5KFT