SPAM: RE: [BULK] - RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] PL-259 Soldering temperature

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 13:38:14 EST 2005

Since you did not reply off-list, I will try here.

First, you are straying from your initial claim:
"A solder station doesn't provide sufficient thermal mass to transfer heat
to a PL-259 connector body."
I challenged this statement because it's what I have used for years to
successfully attach more than 200 PL259's.

Second, you now claim that you can solder five PL259's after your iron is
heated up and unplugged.
I also challenge this statement, not because I have proof otherwise, but
just want to see it happen.

Third, there is nothing in any of your claims about what a completed PL259
should look like.  I like for my connections to be professional grade where
the solder is all within the holes, not strewn around the barrel, and the
dielectric is not drawn in from excessive heat.

Keith NM5G