[TowerTalk] Transmission lines and mounting bracket question

William Turini wtu at cypress.com
Wed Jan 26 12:08:21 EST 2005

Folks

After reading all the discussions regarding antennas, I’ve become more
attuned to minor details.

Last night I was bolting the mast mounting bracket onto my KLM 10-30 LP and
I noticed that one of the phasing straps comes within 1/2 inch of the mast
mounting plate. Not knowing enough about antenna construction/design, should
I be concerned, or is it simply a case of too much knowledge causing
worries?

I would "assume" that since this is the way the antenna was designed that it
would not cause a problem. But...

Thanks for the thoughts.

Bill  KA4GAV

---------
Bill Turini                                     (425) 787-4477
IT & Facilities Manager
Cypress Semiconductor - Washington Design Center