[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

Malcolm Ringel mringel at bluecrab.org
Sat Jan 29 12:02:44 EST 2005

Al: Not an expert by any means, but, having had (and still have one) a
couple of crank-up tilt-overs (and never a problem ...even though never
cranked down for storms, etc) I think it has , at least in large part, to do
with weight distribution. The nesting aspect of the sections calls for
largest at the base and smaller as you ascend...also, there is usually a
several foot overlap at the section junctions, making for greater strength
at those points. Finally, I believe that c-u/t-o towers usually have more
concrete in their larger base cavities.
I await the sting of the arrows of those who actually can explain it....H I
73
Malcolm Ringel
ARS K3KZ
St. Michaels, MD