[TowerTalk] Guying a Rohn Tower

John Geiger ne0p at lcisp.com
Sat Jul 2 23:20:49 EDT 2005

I am in the planning stages for getting a tower up in the next couple of years (hopefully) and am hoping to get some feedback from the group concerning this.  Here is my situation:  I don't have much room for guy wires in my yard, nor a desire to have guys running all over my yard.  I wonder if I could go with Rohn 25 or 45 unguyed, as I could use house brackets on 2 sides to help support it.  I would like to have 40 feet or so of tower, with a 2 element tribander (16 pounds), a cushcraft 13B2 (5 pounds), and a Cushcraft 719B (3 pounds) mounted on the mast-whatever that weights.  Is this a reasonable setup, or would Rohn 25 or 45 have to be guyed, even with the house brackets?

Or any other suggests for an unguyed tower or mast?  Trying to keep the cost down a little also.

73s John NE0P