[TowerTalk] Tennadyne Log

K5RC@aol.com K5RC at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 19:51:44 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/8/2005 4:36:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

I have a  Tennadyne Log that just is not physically strong enough to
last
>  >out here in the wind and ice of Western Kansas.
How do you know that to be a fact? My T-12 Tennadyne log made it through  the
last two winters of wind, snow and ice with no problems. Now I have a
T-10-HD with a 59' element. Looks droopy, but the dramatic element taper  schedule
appears to be 100 mph survivable.

If it ain't broke, you might want to refrain from adding additional weight
to the antenna. Get a copy of YagiStress and run the numbers before you  panic.

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Contesting from the Comstock
W7RN -  K7RC
_www.consultpr.com_ (http://www.consultpr.com/)