[TowerTalk] Pad and Pier Foundations

JC Smith jc-smith at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 21:12:45 EDT 2005

I installed a used UST a few years back.  The calcs were done to an obsolete
UBC so I had to get them redone by an engineer.  I don't recall the context
now, but while we were discussing the installation he told me a cylindrical
foundation would be equivalent to a square hole foundation (assuming
diameter = to L & W dimensions).  I think he even included that comment in
the foundation drawing.  That's the way I installed it.  Took the driller
about 15 minutes to go seven feet once he had the rig set up in place.

73 - JC, k0hps at amsat.org