[TowerTalk] BIG 80m antenna

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Sat Jul 16 08:46:26 EDT 2005

When the antenna was down on the ground I was there
to inspect and it´s truly massive.
Forexample, the center sections of the elements
are 8 inch dia.
Antenna was ready last year but then the weather never
got good enough for the crane to lift it in place,
since it´s very heavy and has big windload you like
to put it up on a VERY calm day.
Boom is 100 feet, or maybe longer, it now sits at
155 feet on a rotating tower.

73 Jim SM2EKM