[TowerTalk] stacking revisited

Stephen Sala k7awb at msn.com
Sat Jul 16 12:58:54 EDT 2005

I need some expert opinions on my future stacking problem.  I am going to
put my
Force 12 5BAD 5-band antenna (72 lb weight, 10.8 sq feet wind load, 33 foot
boom)at the top of the tower, maybe 1 foot above the Rohn 25 flat top
section with a thrust bearing there.  Then I have a M2 6M7JVC 7-element 6
meter yagi (with a 30'8" boom, 17 lb weight, 2.5 sq feet wind load) to go
above it and then finally a Force 12 EF-140 40-meter dipole (44.5' element
length, 1.9 sq feet wind load, 12 lb weight).

Which antenna should go above the 5BA?  I figure the 6 meter as there would
be less interaction between it and the HF antenna than the 40 meter one?

What problem would I experience with the dropping of the ends of the
40-meter dipole interfering with the other antennas?  I am supposed to mount
it at a 90 degree angle so its length is parallel with the boom of the other
two antennas -  that puts its ends in front and in back of the two other
antennas??

Appreciate any input.

73
Stephen L. Sala (Steve)