[TowerTalk] Simple Tower Construction

D. Scott MacKenzie kb0fhp at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 15:23:09 EDT 2005

A crank up would work - but I am limited by set-backs.  Having a narrow yard
I would be limited to approximately 25 feet.  Actually - 25 feet wouldn't be
too bad - it would be better than my vertical (I think).  That is why I
wanted to put something simple on my roof.....

My wife is loathe to put any holes in the roof - especially if I do it (she
hides tools from me).  One thing that I was thinking of, was to place a
ladder-type support, with the mast through the center of the ladder.  The
ladder would be supported by several boards located across several of the
2x4 of the wood frame to help spread out the loading....or am I dreaming or
delusional?

KBØFHP