[TowerTalk] coax cable charge dissipating through reed relay contacts

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Sun Jul 17 23:03:24 EDT 2005

 Al,

I'm using RG58 on a 250' run to my Orion 2800 and have had no problems.  I
couldn't tell you about all the technical aspects of the coax when used this
way though as I'm sure others on the list can.  All I have is practical
knowledge of something that I have in use at my QTH.  If you're afraid of
using coax I have a friend who ran two lengths of 3 conductor romex to his
Orion and that also works well.

73 Matt
W5LL