[TowerTalk] Wireless camera

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 19:22:57 EDT 2005

At 01:40 PM 7/19/2005, WD4K wrote:
>There was a lot of discussion on tower mounted wireless cameras etc. some
>time back. I had a bunch of info from a vendor in Dayton a few years ago
>about the various types and how to make it work...out of the box...but it
>has disappeared into the wild blue somewhere! I am not interested in
>experimenting or homebrew...just plug and play....Can anyone point me to a
>distributor for this type of camera and equipment?   Thanks, Tommy WD4K

Linksys (WVC11B and/or WVC54G) and D-link (DCS-5300G has pan/tilt,etc.,
DCS-2100G doesn't)) both have these, as does
Veo(http://www.veo.com/products_network.asp).  However, they're not
packaged for outdoor use.  Pelco is a big maker of outdoor enclosures.

http://www.rock2000.com/ has an enormous selection of things that you might
find useful.  A lot of this stuff isn't cheap though, and they're more
oriented towards traditional video RS-170 type signals, although they have
network video transmitters.