[TowerTalk] Suburban House Hunting Advice Needed

SJ W3TX superberthaguy at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 23 08:32:05 EDT 2005

Kelly,
I have alot of experience in this area.  Having been through perhaps every
variation of every option I have found the simplest (and best for "family
peace") solution is this:

Live in that CC&R neighborhood.  Wife and kids can have friends,
socialization, etc, and no stigma from having the antenna battles with
neighbors.  Also find, then buy, very cheap land way out in boonies (that
has telephone service.  Here in PA there are still areas with no zoning.
Then setup a simple remote control system via telephone.  Also, the station
will be a great family place to go camping.  Consider renting access via
phone to pay for the station costs

As antenna restrictions become more numerous, I think this is the wave of
the future.

Best luck, and 73,

Scott W3TX