[TowerTalk] perfect braid...

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 19:07:13 EDT 2005

-0-
What do you mean by "perfect?"

 > Exactly that. A 100% coverage, perfectly uniform,
 > perfectly conducting shield which is of course not
 > possible in the real world.
 -0-

So, answer me this, oh gurus...if I have a coax with a
tight braid..98%, which is then covered by aluminum foil,
how close to perfect is it?

My experience is, 9913 flex, when used to replace all other coax
in the station, reduced crosstalk, stray spurs pickup, and
interaction with house phones.  Is there a shield system that's
superior to 9913F?  How does LMR400 stack up?  rg213?

I've sampled only a limited number of types, and am truly curious.

N2EA
jimjarvis at ieee.org