[TowerTalk] US Tubular tower

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Jul 25 13:16:39 EDT 2005

I have an MA550 with 2 element Steppir 6 inches above the top of the
tower.  According to the UBC calcs that came with the tower, this is OK up
to winds of 50 or 60 MPH.  You should plan to crank it down in the event
of a severe storm that may reach 70 or 80 MPH.  FWIW, the MA550 had a KT34
on it during the '89 earthquake and stayed up, although it moved a lot.

Rick N6RK