[TowerTalk] Abrasion protection for rope lanyards

Mark . n1lo at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:19:49 EDT 2005

Hello TowerTalkers;

I use a sleeve of tubular nylon webbing over my rope lanyards. This
protective layer is easily inspected before and after each climb. Dangerous
abrasion is quite visible before the main element becomes damaged. Perhaps
something like this would be sufficient, depending on just how sharp the
edges of the tower angles are.
Is there another, more cut-resistant tubular braided material available?
Stainless hose braid?

--...MARK_N1LO...--

Gene wrote:
<...snip...
     As I wrote in the referenced TT post (above), I don't like the idea of
rope lanyard on angle tower members.  Too much risk that the rope will get
cut
or nicked by a steel angle.  I have a whole bunch of concrete in my tower's
foundation and it looks like it might hurt quite a bit if I were to fall
onto it
from the rotator platform of my tower!

73 and be safe de Gene Smar  AD3F ...>>