[TowerTalk] Slant Feed Vertical Question

RLVZ@aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 23:28:50 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,

As an option to Shunt Feeding a tower I am considering a Slant Feed.   Slant
Feeds are often used on AM Broadcast towers.

Slant feeds can have a couple of mechancial advantages over Shunt Feeds on
certain installations.  Such as,

1) The tap to the tower is typically only about 1/4th the height of the
tower.  This would be desirable if you had a 2-stack as the Slant Feed  could be
under your 1st Yagi.
2) If the tower is mounted a short distance away from your shack you can  run
the "Slant Feed" at an angle from your shack up to the feed point on  the
tower.

Some AM broadcasters have told me that a Slant Feed can become  directional.
Has anyone had success with a Slant Feed Vertical on the ham  bands?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM