[TowerTalk] M2 40m 2 el yagi dimensions

Don Moman ve6jy at 3web.com
Thu Jul 28 03:08:55 EDT 2005

I'm in the process of rebuilding a M2 2 el 40m yagi - I think it may be the
model 40M2LP altho it may be an earlier version as the linear loading
attachment looks different. And yes the linear loading setscrews have mostly
all vanished, but I replaced them with 1/8 inch cable clamps and 3/16
aluminum rod (from all my broken off metal fatigued 2m 13B2 Cushcraft
elements, but I digress....)  Original owner hasn't found the manual yet and
Google hasn't found much either.  Specifically I need the dimensions of the
linear loading. I have it on the "test range" and while the SWR is fine
where I want it, there is no front to back at all.   For those curious, the
test involves a dipole about 1500 feet distant, fed with about 2 watts.  The
FSVM/receiver measured about -30 dbm.  F/S pattern showed 20-25 db.  The 2el
40 is suspended on ropes between 2 tall towers so about 50 feet off the
ground and well in the clear.  The DE tuning as it stands now, has the
shorting about 10 inches from the end.  The other element - I am assuming it
is the reflector - showed no front to back in various positions of the
shorting strap, including maxed out.  Next step may be to insert a few feet
of tubing to extend the REF, but I shouldn't have to go to that length....
so hence my request for the manual and especially what these dimensions are
indicated to be. Thanks for any help.

73 Don
VE6JY