[TowerTalk] NVIS 160 Meters [Was: RE: [NVIS] Digest Number 876/NVIS 9n 160 Meters]

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Fri Jul 29 21:30:54 EDT 2005

Thomas Sanders wrote:
 > Hi -- W7BBO and I are working on a 160 meter loop placed flat on
 > the grd. -- one wavelength in circumference.  It turned out to be
 > considerably shorter than 492/f -- not unexpected.
 > To date, we have had excellent results, in Western Washington ...
 > ... snip! ... <

Given the wavelength is there any reason to believe that the same
antenna at 4-8 feet above ground would perform in a significantly
different manner?

I will be moving some fences around and am contemplating dual-use
of some of the wire, barbed or otherwise.

BTW:  Anyone aware of a non-conductive wire substitute for fences
that horses and other critters will not chew or easily force their
way through?  I am concerned about the proximity of parallel wires.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |