[TowerTalk] Base info Sought

William Wood ke9xq at charter.net
Sat Jul 30 10:04:06 EDT 2005

Greetings Once Again
   I had a feeling I would get the idea from you guys that what I
started digging out was too small.  Thanks for the quick response!!!
I'm only half done with the first size, but I will definetly (SP) go the
larger route.  I would expect the 6 or 7 foot by 6 or 7 foot would be
more for the 50 foot free standing tower...   Rohn 25 that is,
   While I know you can go away, and forget the tower is cranked up, my
tower will be down 80 to 90 percent of the time, as I live towards the
top of a hill here in Wisconsin and while working on a quad a few years
back, I worked a half a dozen states, while it was laying on a 6 foot
wooden step ladder horizontally positioned and about 10 watts.
   I do not know the maker of the tower, but it does say on the plate
you would mount your crank or motor,  'Weather Master'  It is made of
one inch OD piping, with a foot between each of the three pipes.  There
there are four sections that telescope, and I think I lied to ya,
because I thought it was 37 foot, but on that name tag, it said
'WM-33'.  All the rod that helps hold everything in place, is zig zagged
up the sides, like you would expect it to be, with all three  sides of
similar design, so you would not have climbing ability..   At least very
easily...   : )
   There was no paper work with the tower, and while it is still
unused,(it still has the shipping band straps on it to hold things
firmly in place) it is years old, stored mainly in a shed, I got it last
year or the year before, in trade for work done,  I did get the paper
work with the quad, but that too was in trade for work done.
   Hope this info helps your ruminating, after talking to one of your
members, I knew this was the place to ask questions...   wither they are
dumb or not...   : )
73
Bill  KE9XQ