[TowerTalk] Antenna Hangover

Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) nv8a at att.net
Thu Jun 2 14:27:39 EDT 2005

Are you the "overhanger" or the "overhangee"? IANAL, but my guess is
that the owner of the property owns the air above it up to some legally
defined limit. I can't imagine being able to record an easement for such
a situation.

In English law (as I understand it), if a branch of your neighbor's tree
overhangs your property, you are entitled to cut it off, but you have to
return it to your neighbor because it is still his: you can't destroy it
or eat the fruit that's on it. Perhaps the same principle applies to
antennas.

In the case of a building that encroaches on a neighbor's property, I
understand that the concept of "adverse possession" may apply, which I
understand to mean that the encroacher *may* eventually be able to claim
ownership of that piece of the neighbor's property.

According to the plan of our property, the corner of the shed (built by
a previous owner) encroaches 6" into a neighbor's property. I have no
idea whether he knows, and I am not going to mention the subject at all.

That's probably only $0.01 worth.

73

Alan NV8A

On 06/02/05 11:08 am Richard Zalewski tossed the following ingredients
into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup: