[TowerTalk] End feeding a half-wave vetical

Tim Cotton, N4UM N4UM at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 1 18:15:31 EDT 2005

I have a 30 meter half wave vertical mounted on a dock piling over salt water.  I feed it with an old Dentron "Super Tuner" right at the base.  The tuner is housed in a Rubbermaid storage box.  On long haul DX it runs rings around my 30 meter inverted vee and my quarter wave vertical (also mounted over salt water).  I use no radials... but have a sheets of copper in the salt water under each vertical.  I use about 40 square feet of surface area for each vertical.  Interestingly the half wave vertical is MUCH MUCH quieter on receiving than either of the other antennas.  This may be simply due to placement.