[TowerTalk] Small Yagi Advice

Tim Kass timkass at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:35:21 EDT 2005

I'll throw in my 2 cents for the money strapped hams out there with limited
space as well. I've buillt a very nice operating 20 meter Moxon, feed with
open wire line and additional reflectors inside it, i.e. K5RZ design, it
works well on 20, 17 and 15 meters, excellent F/B, better than most 3
element yagis and 6 dB forward gain.  The F/B is what sold me, I can alway
turn on the amp to get more dB going out but I need to hear them, the Moxon
is 70% the size of a full size beam...mine is on a 10 foot PVC boom with 25
foot elements a top a small 35 foot tower...city lot, works for me, cost, I
had most everything except the boom -

attached is the pic of the Moxon we used for FD last year. Same antenna.

73, Tim
K8WBL