[TowerTalk] installing monster masts in towers

Don Moman ve6jy at 3web.com
Wed Jun 8 12:36:19 EDT 2005

Many rotator motors are now DC.

And the current method is fine as long as you have not yet installed the
antenna (or no wind if you have).

I take a small 12v 2 amp/hr gel cell up the tower, plenty of capacity to
turn the rotor and antenna thru several complete rotations and check for
mast/bearing alignment and coax loop issues.

73 Don
VE6JY