[TowerTalk] installing monster masts intowers(and? twothrustbearings)

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Jun 10 12:41:46 EDT 2005

Just to put in another anecdotal comment... all my masts have all their
weight supported by tb-3's with no weight on the rotors.  This includes 5
towers, the oldest has been up 20 years now.  Where I have flat tops I have
2 bearings, the top one uses the rohn bolts to hold the weight, the lower
one is loose unless needed to hold the bottom of the mast when removing a
rotor.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net