[TowerTalk] Yagi separation distance

Dave Cook davec at netdave.com
Sun Jun 12 17:54:09 EDT 2005

I have a modest Rohn 25 tower with a TH3-Mk3 at about 35 feet. The top of
the tower is at 26 feet, leaving about 4 feet of mast above it. After have a
great time this weekend on the VHF QSO party, I was thinking it would be
nice to put a 6 meter beam on the tower, just above the mast collar, but
only 4 feet below the tribander. I'm wondering if this is too close for the
two antennas? I'm thinking of something simple, like a 3-element beam for
the 6 meter antenna, but still a significant amount of metal in close
proximity to the tribander.

TIA, Dave, WA0TTN