[TowerTalk] Chain and cable safety

GALE STEWARD k3nd at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 13:17:49 EDT 2005

I remember reading years ago of an ocean-going tug
pulling a disabled vessel in heavy seas. The large
steel tow cable broke and one end snapped back and
sheard the entire wheelhouse off the tug, killing all
the crew that were in it. Cables under tension can
have a huge amount of stored "enengy" just waiting for
someplace to go.

73, Stew K3ND