[TowerTalk] supporting a truss with a fence post gate clamp

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Tue Jun 14 12:24:02 EDT 2005

I had to support a truss for my yagi boom.
I used one of those chain link fence post gate hangers.
they will fit around masts from 1.25 up to even 2.0 inches.
they are galvanized and they have a 1/2" pin that is at right angle to the clamp so can be
placed in the vertical position.
I used light weight cable and a cable clamp over the pin.

They cost a buck or two at Home Depot.

You might even find one with a small enough diameter pin to accept a turnbuckle hook.

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.