[TowerTalk] AB577 Vibrations

Dana Roode dana.roode at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:56:48 EDT 2005

AB577 Owners/Experts -

Thanks again for all the input on my previous question about mounting
a rotor on my AB577.  I was missing the "mast adaptor" and got one
from K4TMC - works great.

I put my AB577 up today at 45' with a 5 element 15meter beam on top.
Ive noticed it vibrating in the wind (it did this when I had it up
without the beam as well).  Some of the top sections of mast shake
around - I figure this has something to do with the fact that the
sections of mast dont mate perfectly.  Its hard to see, usually I just
hear it.

Should I worry about this?  Does your AB577 do this in 30mph winds?

  Dana