[TowerTalk] Fw: Screwdriver on moterhome

Jim Miller JimMiller at STL-Online.Net
Mon Jun 20 15:45:11 EDT 2005

Where is it mounted?  Is the whip (and coil, preferably) completely above
the roof when mounted?

Is the base of the antenna grounded?  It should be grounded to more than the
ladder or the bumper (too low to prevent strong RF reflection back to the
antenna from the body or metal inside).  It should be tied solidly to the
motor home chassis, ladder, roof rack, and if it is an aluminum body, tie it
to the body, great reflector.  I used a Butternut mounted near the top of
the ladder and tied to the roof rack and the aluminum body and it worked
GREAT.  Think grounding, not radials.

Just my thoughts,
73, Jim