[TowerTalk] Heights Tower - Separating Aluminum from Steel

kk9a@arrl.net kk9a at arrl.net
Thu Jun 23 19:38:39 EDT 2005

I had a "Z" brace weld break on a Universal aluminum tower from an antenna
breaking and falling on it.  I had it re-welded.  It's difficult to spot the
difference between that and the original welds and it's held up fine for a
number of years.  I used stainless steel bolts on it as the factory zinc
plated ones don't last very long.

John