[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Torque Bars

Fred Mott fredmottcpa at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 19:09:21 EDT 2005

I have read N1LO - Mark Lowell's Guyed Tower Topic Summary (63 pages) and wonder about the "old" Rohn torque arms findings by Rohn, "really don't contribute anything to the torsidnal resistance of the tower".  I am currenly in the process of having my 30 year old 130 foot rusted Rohn 45G tower regalvanized.  I will be putting it back up in about 3 weeks to a new height, 150'.  Also I will have a new base section, Rohn 45TG, installed.  Do any of the tower experts have any comments wether to use the torque bars, will they add anything other than weight.  Also will the 45TG tapered base be of any benefit to the tower? It is still not to late to drop that, I haven't completed that purchase yet.  Fred Mott, AB8AH