[TowerTalk] Guy detailing

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 12:49:54 EDT 2005

if all the cables leave the tower at the same height  using the same bracket and have the same length and assuming the anchors are
relatively close to 120 degrees apart with the same distance away from the tower  does this dictate that the angles would be very close to each other from vertical?    Is my thinking correct or am I missing something.

What your missing is that if the guy anchors are not all in the same horinzontal plane as each other, the angle of the guy wire to the tower will be slightly different.  All three guy anchors on my 120 ft. Rohn 45 are different, all three are at different heights to each other (about 3 ft difference) and all three are at different distances from the tower (about 6 ft range due to existing conditions).  I had an SE go over everything and he concluded all would be OK.  All wires are tensioned the same and it's been up three years now with neither a shiver.  Phil

--
Phil - KB9CRY
Lockport, IL