[TowerTalk] Mid-sized beam and 80M vertical suggestions

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 12:45:20 EDT 2005

First, do a search about grounding in the archives; this topic, in all forms, has been thoroughly & exhaustively discussed here many times over.  Do what the manufacturer's say and don't go cheap; lightning (correct spelling) in the house is not good.

I'd say that the C19 looks good on paper; I'd go with Force 12 antennas.  I have their WARC beam and love it.

On the low bands, your low dipole is not good.  You really need to be vertically polarized.  I've used HF2Vs for years and have had good luck.  You may also want to consider shunt feeding the tower and antenna for use as a transmit antenna.  And that brings me to the last point and that is you really need to investigate a separate receiving antenna for the low bands.  Beverages are out but K9AY loops, delta loops, pennants, flags are quite doable and work well.  Gd luck, cu on the bands.  Phil  KB9CRY