[TowerTalk] Rotatable Yagi's Mounted To Trees

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:59:58 EST 2005

I'd like to hear from people that have mounted HF yagi's or rotatable
dipoles to trees?  In particular, anyone that has come up with a good
way to do this WITHOUT topping (or killing) the tree.  I'd like to
mount a rotatable dipole or 40m shorty forty to a redwood tree, but I
am unwilling to TOP the tree to do it.  If necessary, I could forgo
the "rotatable" part and just fixed mount a rotatable dipole just to
get it up as high as possible, but I'd prefer a rotatable (or
partially rotatable "side-mount" capability) if possible.  Any advice?