[TowerTalk] Bad fitting Nello(Rohn) 25 sections

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 01:07:37 EST 2005

Subject: [TowerTalk] Bad fitting Nello(Rohn) 25 sections
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>

> I recently purchased some brand new Nello tower sections presumably
> equivalent to Rohn 25 and have spent some unpleasant moments high in the air
> trying to get the damn things to fit together.  I was too stupid to try
> fitting them together on the ground - which is what I should have done.  I
> wonder if others have been having this problem with the Nello tower
> sections.  I never had the problem with Rohn sections.

Yes, I had that problem. I put 100 feet of 45N together and it was a nightmare. And we did fit them on the ground. The problem was that they started okay but the legs were out of alignment from there on. One section took TWO comealongs AND a TowerJack to get seated. I was a very unhappy camper. I don't think I'll be buying anymore.

This was after waiting for a month or two because the sections they had manufactured weren't good enough. Sheesh, they must've been pretty bad.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-890-4188