[TowerTalk] Misc grounding

joe sloss k7mks at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 14:22:13 EST 2005

Am having some roof drainage installed and have a yard full of 12" trenches that run along the back of the house, along one side, and out into the front yard to a catch basin; the tower abutts the house.   Am contemplating running #12 copper wire, in various lengths N, E, and S of the tower, cannot do anything West and can only go about 15' North.  No definite plans to use the tower plus mast and beams (55' total height) as a vertical or loaded antenna but who knows what the future holds.  I just thought while there are  nice ditches around the house it might be a good time to add some radials.  Should I also tie my station ground rods to these random length radials where they connect to the tower leg or keep them separate.

Thanks for comments.

Joe k7mks