[TowerTalk] Computer control antenna switch

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 16:31:45 EST 2005

At 12:48 PM 3/9/2005, Martin AA6E wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Thanks for a great summary of I/O possibilities.
>
>I checked at LabJack, and they say that they do have limited support
>for Linux 2.4 and 2.6 kernels on the U12. Cost $119, quantity 1.
>
>73, Martin AA6E
>
>--- Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > The Labjack U12 is $120 (qty one).  (A year ago, or so, there wasn't
> > any
> > Linux support for the Labjack)

I think they support Linux on a "as long as it doesn't cost us too much"
basis. If you look at the linux forum at the labjack site there's a variety
of people complaining about various oddities.  Hard to tell if that's a
universal problem, or if it's just a few people out of thousands.

  Linux is hard to support for hardware devices in a turnkey sort of way
(there's a remarkable variation in configuration, and not everyone is
comfortable doing recompiles), so I'm not surprised.  No negative
reflection on the labjack folks... the big market is in WinXP, so that's
what they put their money into.