[TowerTalk] Computer control antenna switch

W4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 08:28:53 EST 2005

This guy had a display at the DX Convention in Visalia, Ca last year:

http://www.hamation.com/

Looks like a nice concept for remote control of antenna switches and the
like, but I am not aware of anyone who is using his products. Since it can
be networked, it might offer some interesting possibilities for remote
control of antennas using 802.11 wireless hardware.

Has anyone on the list had any experience with this product line?

He was at Dayton too.  I spent some time looking closely at the product line
and intended to buy the line-up but postponed it because of travel.  The
entire concept and execution looked very professional and well done.  The
networking lets you do all sort of things using standard networking
protocols.  The system provided automatic antenna selection, band pass
filters, etc.   I still plan on trying this system, probably by late spring.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"