[TowerTalk] w1gkk & big arrays

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Sat Mar 12 04:23:46 EST 2005

At 09:05 2005-03-12 , N2EA wrote:

>At one point, I actually DID hear a 5 watt station that was louder
>than one indicating KW for power. I assume that speaks to poor antennas.
>
>n2ea
>jimjarvis at ieee.org

Jim, I can tell you that during the contest the aurora was extremely
intense at latitude 65 deg north. With that type of conditions I find
myself being beaten by a lot of QRP stations despite the fact that I am
using a stack and a kw. Especially on 15/10 mtrs. Frustrating... :-)

So, it is not always antennas, conditions differ a lot with
latitude/longitude.

73
Peter SM2CEW
http://web.telia.com/~u92010241/index.html