[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 402-CD LCA Assembly

Bill Jackson k9rz at radiks.net
Sun Mar 13 11:40:32 EST 2005

Greetings Towertalkians,

After 7 years of faithful service, my Cushcraft 402-CD took a lightning hit last fall on the reflector and I can see from the ground that one of the LCA coil assemblies on the reflector is blown.  The element is still intact, but the coil and heat shrink covering the coil are hanging from the element.  Now that the warmer weather is coming, I would like to take the antenna down and return it to a 2 element yagi instead of a rotatable dipole!

Does someone on the list have the technical information for rebuilding this coil, such as wire size and number of turns per inch?  Also, is the LCA for the XM-240 identical to the one for the 402-CD?

Thanks in advance!

73 de Bill, K9RZ
Near Omaha, Nebraska