[TowerTalk] grounding radials: solid or stranded?

Martin AA6E msembx-aa6e at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 10:41:52 EST 2005

My sources say that 1/2" copper pipe/tube with .032" wall weighs 0.18
lb/ft, which is what the lightning guys say you need FWIW.

Common soft copper tubing @ 1/2" seems doable.  Soft copper tubing is
available up to 2" or more, but it's probably too expensive and
difficult to work with.  3" strap would be cheaper, easier, and more
effective, I expect.

73, Martin AA6E