[TowerTalk] Good news about AZ tower restrictions in Pinal County

BobK8IA@aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 17:35:27 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/17/05 1:01:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jimlux at earthlink.net writes:

At 10:46  AM 3/17/2005, wf3h at comcast.net wrote:
>Just got a phone call from the  zoning inspector in Queen Creek, AZ. Ham
>towers are exempt from any  regulations at all. None. Zip.  Not even a
>building permit  required. This is HEAVEN! My last place in PA required me
>to force  them to change their building code to conform to PRB 1.
>
>Love  it!
>
>Bob/WF3H

Something is not right here. Queen Creek has been giving KF7E the run  around
for several years and all he wanted was a "to Rohn spec" 70' Rohn 25G ! I
suggest you look at the codes and find someone of authority in the  Engineering
or Bldg depts to sign off on the "plans/specs" even if none are  "required".
Pinal and QC are 20 miles from me and I think all the hams here  would know
about this if it were true. The COUNTY may have lenient regulations  but I have
my doubts that QC does. Which are you located in?

73, Bob  K8IA
Mesa,  AZ
Maricopa  County