[TowerTalk] Isolation Transformer

Gene WØQFC erastber at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 20:59:59 EST 2005

With all of the talk about lightning protection brought to my mind the question:  Would a isolation transformer placed between the AC mains and the shack breaker box afford any useful protection?
I just completed the outside wiring of running the 'main' line to the shack from the house breaker panel. It was run outside the house, in PVC pipe to the outside wall of the shack and then into the shack breaker panel.
I have a VERY large transformer that is aprox one foot square with multiple taps.....
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Gene, WØQFC
Spring Hill, FL