[TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such as c31xr)

Al Williams alwilliams at olywa.net
Sat Mar 19 00:11:04 EST 2005

For example, transmitting on a 20 meter beam while listening on a 15 meter beam.

How great is the risk of damaging the front end of a receiver listening on one beam while transmitting on a second beam
when both are close spaced?

I used EZNEC briefly and was surprised that a parasitic element of the same dimension results in current in the parasitic
almost as high as the driven element (for a spacing of about 4 feet) .However, changing the parasitic length to another band
dropped the current down to about 20 % of the driven element.

But I don't have any idea of the relationship of current in the parasitic element to that obtained when the parasitic element
is actually the driven element on another beam.  I tried putting a 50 ohm load in the parasitic element and that dropped
the parasitic element current even more.

But, since the frequency of the signal on the 15 meter beam is 20 meters, I presume that the SWR is high and a
voltage amplification may result depending on the transmission line length.

BTW, I would be using Dunestar filters on both rigs, but am concerned about inadvertently not having the filter turned
on at some time.

looking forward to explanations

k7puc