[TowerTalk] getting cablesinto the shack

Tom Hybiske thomas.hybiske at verizon.net
Sun Mar 20 10:45:19 EST 2005

 Chuck, I had a commercial coring company out to my QTH and cut an 8" hole
in my poured concrete basement wall.  I'm pretty sure they could do brick
with no problem  It's a beautiful smooth, clean hole inside and out. The
large diameter allows me to place a bulkhead plate on the outside of the
wall with Polyphaser lightning arrestors mounted on the inside of the plate
and out of the weather.  This arrangement also acts like a patch block of
sorts and lets me disconnect radios and antennas very easily.  The cost of
the job was three hundred dollars and was one of the best purchases I made
setting up the new station.

Tom Hybiske, K3GM