[TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection

W2RU - Bud Hippisley W2RU at frontiernet.net
Tue Mar 22 18:45:03 EST 2005

At 03:24 2005-03-22, Michael Tope wrote:
>I just made some measurements
>on a 2.4 inch O.D. type 31 Fair-Rite Products core that K9YC
>sent me....I am not sure this particular toroid is listed in
>the Fair-Rite products catalog yet, but somehow he
>managed to purchase a few pieces.

I happened to speak with a customer service representative at Fair-Rite just a couple of hours before seeing W4EF's posting (above), and as of late this afternoon (3/22) there were NO type 31 toroids in the Fair-Rite catalog.  The CSR I spoke with had no knowledge of any such product, and referred me to Application Engineering, but they were gone for the day, so I hope to learn more tomorrow.

Bud, W2RU