[TowerTalk] Model done for 4SQ supported by center tower

StellarCAT RXDesign at ssvecnet.com
Tue Mar 22 21:56:29 EST 2005

Alright .. .the consensus was to go with a 4SQ (over a dipole
at 175'). The dipole actually shows more gain and a lower
angle (with gain) than the 4SQ BUT - and it is a big one - it
has a strong lobe that is straight up so the qrm would
be obnoxious)...

anyway... several have suggested to use a center tower to
support (via ropes) 4 verticals. This would place the tower
at the center. How does this interact with the 4 verticals?
Has any one modeled this and/or is there anecdotal
evidence it does or does not work?
Also I assume the ground plane (I was thinking of 6
elevated radials per vertical at minimum 8' above ground)
would have a "hole" around the tower and not connect to it - correct?

[this would also apply to the folded back dipole systems -
do they "see" the tower in a detrimental way as well?]